Getting on a yacht is a thrilling experience. You enjoy sun-soaked days with crystal-clear waters to calm you down. As a first-time sea explorer, it is very important to know what to pack since it can make or break your voyage. Don’t know where to start? Fear not; we have you covered. Stay with us till the end to learn all the essentials you must pack with you on the trip.
What to Pack for a Yachting Trip?
Here are 3 not-to-miss essentials.
- Soft-Sided Luggage To Sail with Ease
Start with the most important aspect, and that is the right choice of luggage. Keeping hard suitcases is not a good idea. So, what should you take? Well, a duffle bag is a fantastic choice.They easily fit into smaller spaces and can conveniently be folded and stowed away after unpacking.
- Deck Shoes
You are not sailing on that vessel to merely sit or sleep in one area. Maneuvering around the decks of a yacht is a part of the plan. It is a given that the area can be tricky, especially when they become slippery.So, to avoid any unexpected slips, take a reliable pair of deck shoes for ease which is designed for boating.
- Light Waterproof Jacket
While you may be planning on a sunny cruise, it is always a good decision to be prepared for unexpected weather changes. Pack a lightweight waterproof jacket that doesn’t take up much space in your luggage. Carrying it serves two purposes:
- It will keep you dry in rainy weather.
- You can use it for warmth if the breeze is colder than you can bear.
To make the most of your yachting adventure, here’s a checklist of items that you must reserve a spot for in your bag:
- Flip flops
- Light floaty dresses and shirts
- SPF sunscreen
- Toiletries like shampoos, shower gels, and toothpaste
- Soft and absorbent beach towels
- Insect repellent
- Playing cards
- Power bank
- Waterproof phone case
- Travel Journal
What Not to Pack
Now that you know what you should not forget, here is a list of items that are inconvenient for a marine cruise:
- Delicate fabric clothes are a no-no since they may get damaged or ruined due to the sea’s elements.
- Leather covering products are prone to damage in that environment.
- Extensive power-hungry items on the yacht are not convenient.
- Valuable items can be easily misplaced or damaged during the journey, so it’s better to leave them at home and travel worry-free.
Just pack the essentials and leave the rest to professionals from Watergate Yachting Center. Our goal is to make your experience safe and worth your while. Call us at (281) 334-1511 for more information.